Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tot School--Anything Goes!

Isaiah is 49 months old

This week did not go at all as planned, and I really mean that in the strongest sense possible!  And this post will be short because, well, for one thing, typing with one hand is not my best skill.  Monday, I had a fall on the ice and broke my arm, so Tot School was not so easy to accomplish.

Thankfully, I have an amazing husband whose schedule was a bit more flexible this week, and he has been doing pretty much everything that requires 2 hands, like cathing, doing enemas, giving most of the meds and lifting.  When I can type a bit faster, he's getting a huge post on my personal blog!

Thanks to Daddy, Isaiah has had some more number focus this week.  I even got to join the fun with counting M&M's!  Isaiah made it all the way to 4 one time so far this week!  He is very consistent with 1, 2!




We did a lot of reading from our small personal library.  Isaiah seemed more interested in our Eric Kinkaid's Nursery Rhymes book that some good friends of ours gave him.  

We also looked at all our family picture books over and over and over again.  Isaiah was able to tell me just about everyone's names in our extended family!  I think he has some nicknames that I don't quite understand for some of them, and sometimes his aunts and uncles were called by the names of their children, but he did the best he's ever done!


A friend and her little girl came over to play one day, and she taught Isaiah how to act out The Three Little Pigs with lots and lots of laughter.

Isaiah and I played "catch" one afternoon (when the throbbing in my arm lessened).  He actually seemed to try to aim the ball for me, which I don't remember him doing before.

And he continued to progress verbally.  Some of my favorites lately:

I'm coming!  Yes ma'am!
I pause it.  (any time we need to stop music or a movie)
I drop it.  (whenever something falls)
I'm funny!

and my current favorite:
Thank you, Honey!

Check out the other Tot Schools at 1+1+1=1!

Oh, and any suggestions for keeping things running smoothly with a little person while mama isn't quite up to par would be great!  I had started a schedule for us, which has been helpful, but Isaiah isn't exactly able to keep that going on his own like an older child could.  I'm sure I'm not the first and will not be the last to be in a situation like this, so share the knowledge, parents!  I look forward to hearing your ideas.

1 comment:

  1. My advice is to enjoy where you are and not wast any time fretting over where you can't be because of your arm. He can learn a lot by your side- even if it doesn't involve anything from your schedule.

    I don't know you in real life, but I wonder if this is a great opportunity for Isaiah to see how families help everyone, how sometimes even mommy needs physical help too.

    I say that because Jack absolutely loves "helping" me care for siblings when they are sick. I'm not sure what all is going on in his head but it's almost like it's a relief for him to see that other people get sick too- and that he can help.

    I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete