Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Day Approaches

So, this is it.  I'm officially going to start homeschooling Isaiah.  Nadia's going to get to join in on the fun; I don't think we could keep her away if we wanted to!
I'm going to use the ABC Jesus Loves Me 2 year old curriculum again.  Isaiah is starting to grasp these concepts better, and I think it will still be challenging enough while also giving lots of success.  I also think it will be lots more fun for him as he gets to do things with Nadia.
I'm also much better prepared this year.  I have a weekly folder for each child that I plan to prepare a few days ahead.  I have only planned a month at a time (in a loose, flexible fashion) because I want to see how much we can really do without putting too much pressure on me, setting me up for unnecessary stress.
Another new aspect of our schooling will be Monday School with First Class Homeschool Ministries' East Gresham branch.  For 8 weeks or so we'll join other kids and parents for a morning of learning and fun.  I'm hopeful that this weekly meeting time will provide lots of things for our family, including accountability and encouragement for me, friends for Isaiah and Nadia, other ways that we can find out how to minister in our community.  The kids are at the age and ability now that I want to find a ministry the three of us can do together.  (feel free to give suggestions in the comments!)
Anyway, if all goes to plan, I hope to post about our first week next weekend; but don't hold your breath!
Prayers and advice very much appreciated!



I have very adorable students, wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment