Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week in Review - Week 2


Our second week of school went fairly well.  Several activities had to be packed in, including more doctors and such.  We also added Monday School with the East Gresham First Class Co-op.

Both the kids had a blast.  Isaiah was not ready to leave.  All the way to the van he was saying and signing "more".

Theme/Lesson:  God Made the World Around Me
Bible Story:  Creation - Day 3
Memory Verse:  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  Genesis 1:1
Poem:  Pat-a-Cake
Song:  The B-I-B-L-E
Book of the Week:  Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss (this was a deviation from the original lesson plan)
Letter:  A-G
Number: 1
Color:  Blue
Shape:  Line
Self-care & Manners:  "Please"
Information:  First Name
Fine Motor:  Sorting Toy
Gross Motor:  Jump Forward/"Wheelies"

I tried really hard to get a "first day" picture of Isaiah and Nadia while we waited for Monday School to start.  Here's the best one of the lot:


We combined blue and lines with painting on paper plates.  Isaiah wasn't as thrilled with this activity, but he did better than he has in the past.  And check out that developing grip!



Isaiah helped me get some supper ready but cutting lines in his blue play-doh as I cut up some chicken. I like to wear gloves when I cut chicken, and Isaiah decided he needed some, too - perfect the were blue!


We read Horton Hear a Who because I couldn't find the recommended book.  It's a long book, but the kids seemed to enjoy what we read.  We would read just a few pages at a time, so we haven't finished the book yet.  The kids know that Horton is an elephant, though!  We also made elephant faces from the template in the lesson.  It required spots of glue and lines of glue.  I was surprised how well both the kids did with controlling the glue, though they did need some help, so no pictures. :)

Nadia loved playing with the shape sorter!  Both the kids are getting really good at saying "please".  Nadia still just says her name is "sister", but I admit I think it's really sweet.  I kind of like that she thinks of herself in a relational way, even though she wouldn't say it that way, of course.

Off and on I caught the kids counting things in their hands!  All on their own they got to 3!

For Day 3 of Creation we had a couple of activities that the kids enjoyed.  We used the circles again and glued green on blue then pictures of plants I had printed.

We worked on the verse again, and the kids joined in on the song when we got to the reference!  They also loved The B-I-B-L-E, saying the letters sometimes, but most often laughing at the end and asking for more.
Isaiah doing his "funny face"


Then came the favorite activity of the week!  I had some plants that I couldn't quite keep alive, so we bought some bulbs and played in the dirt!




The only thing that convinced these two to stop playing in the dirt was the promise of a walk after we washed off.

His "silly face"
Here are my favorite pictures from the week (besides Isaiah's face):

Play date requirement:  Stroller and baby doll (the doll was in Nadia's lap)

Hard working pie makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment